Skip to main content

Catching Up is Fun To Do

Last week, we had a mini mission reunion. Ultra mini since it was just me, Jason and Jun, who is back in the US, plus spouses and kids, well one kid.  We went to Hires, such an eatery staple for us.  It was fun to see old friends and catch up.
Jason, Me, Danny, Jun, Katie and Liza.
The day before Halloween we had our neighborhood trunk-or-treat at the church parking lot.  I was asked to help out with the photo booth, since my job is helping set up photo shoots.  I'm not sure how great of an idea that was, because then I turned into work Jannifer who can be bossy Jannifer.  I had to walk away a few times so the young women who were helping out wouldn't hate me.  Ironically, I didn't get any pictures of this event.

For Halloween night, we hung out with Noelle, Jared and Baby C.  We made Halloween pizzas, ate a little too much candy and watched "Edward Scissorhands", such a classic.

Here's my jack-o-lantern pizza.
Noelle's spiderweb pizza.
Nom, Nom, Nom.
Cute Noelle and cute Baby C.
"Hey Aunt Janni, you're taking pictures of me!"  PS We didn't actually
let him eat any candy, no worries.
Baby C hanging out with Uncle Danny.
Last weekend, we also had a game night with my brother Mark and his wife JanaRae.  We played our favorite card game Bohnanza.  Funny story, towards the end of our first game, my nephew Super R sat by me and asked if he could be on my team.  Of course I said yes, because he is darling.  I told him I was going to win because he was giving me good luck and also because I really thought I was going to win.  At the completion of the game, we counted up our points.  Turns out Danny beat me by one point.  I got a little competitive and was getting after Danny for beating me.  Then Super R raised his little hands in triumph and said so sweetly, "Yay Janni, we got second place!"  Talk about a humbling moment for me.

Also, this past weekend we went and saw the play Macbeth.  If you look at the program which I kindly took a picture of, you will see that the score for the play was by my husband, Danny.  I was so proud of him!  The music added to the performance so much.  He did a fantastic job as well as the New World Shakespeare Company.


Also, I made these pumpkin waffles a little while ago.  They were amazingly delicious, thick and pumpkin-y. Seriously, you will get full off of one.  Here's the recipe.

Speaking of making things, I also finished my little turkey craft for Thanksgiving that I started in St. George when visiting my sister Michele.  I was pleased with how it turned out.


I think that gets us all caught up to date.  Side note, last night was Bonfire Night, but unfortunately it snowed so there was no bonfire and I haven't been feeling well all this week, so no celebrating either.  Too bad.

Comments

  1. I like the Halloween pizzas you and your sister made. Very clever.
    Tell Danny I am super proud of him for doing a musical score for MacBeth. I would like to hear it if possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...