Skip to main content

Anniversary Numeral 3 - St.George and Nevada

I'm a bit behind with posting.  Seems like life has been non-stop since Danny and I returned from our last excursion.  For this little trip, I found a deal on groupon getaways for a resort in Henderson Nevada.  Danny and I decided to make a trip for our anniversary, since we like to go somewhere each year to commemorate that occasion.  I realized that, unintentionally, we went on a one night get-away for our first year anniversary, a 2 night trip last year and this year was a 3 night getaway.  I decided we should keep up this tradition of leaving for the same amount of days for how many years we have been married.  Think how awesome our 50 year anniversary will be!

First Stop: Draper Temple

We did some sealings in the Draper temple on Saturday morning before we left town.  What a lovely temple it was to be married at.

Draper Temple on a clear blue day.
Yay for 3 years!
St. George Adventures
Since we were headed south, we decided to spend some time with my sister Michele, her husband Dan and their baby Princess C.  They conveniently live along the way.  Even more convenient is that Michele's birthday is a couple days before our anniversary, so we could celebrate with her as well.


For her birthday, Michele wanted to take baby girl on the carousel. I
wasn't going to pass up a ride on the carousel.
And here we go!
Looks like she's enjoying it!  I'm talking about Princess C, though I was
quite chipper on the ride as well.
We celebrated with birthday cupcakes.
Happy Birthday Michele!  We love you!!
Michele and I had some craft time.  I'm in the process of putting together
a little wooden turkey for Thanksgiving.
Michele made an owl.
Opening presents the next morning!  We got Michele the game "Thurns
and Taxis". It was my first time playing it, but it was a lot of fun.

The Most Darling Baby Girl Ever

During our short visit, we got to spend time with Princess C.  We hadn't seen her for awhile and I just couldn't get over her cuteness, so many pictures ensued.  So, she gets her own section in this post.
Baby girl and Me.
Cute smiles.
More cute smiles.
Those big blue eyes!
I love when she would lay her head on my
shoulder, so sweet.
Uncle Danny must have been cracking some jokes.
We miss you, cute girl!

The Hotel
We stayed at the Westin at Lake Las Vegas.  I chose this place, because it is a ways outside of Las Vegas and I'm not much of Vegas fan.  In fact, we didn't really go into the city the whole time we were there.  Like I mentioned above, I found a really good deal for the Westin, which was all fancy schmancy.  We had a fun time, but some of their activities and their restaurants were a bit of a rip off in my opinion.  (Should I admit here that we had to google what you are supposed to tip bell hops and valets.  Apparently, we would never make very good "rich" people.)

So many palm trees.
Our hotel.
My favorite were the spitting desert tortoises. 

Kayaking on Lake Las Vegas

One fun activity was kayaking on Lake Las Vegas.
Kayaking foot shot.
Me taking pictures and Danny doing all the work.  PS Real men have
hair on their chests. 
Pretty view.

Valley of Fire
On the day of our anniversary we went hiking in the Valley of Fire State Park.  It was like a mini Bryce Canyon.  We are a bit spoiled with all the great state and national parks around us.  We had fun climbing and taking pictures of the rock formations.  When we got tired, we went back to the hotel and went for a swim at the swimming pool.  It was a very relaxing anniversary.
Danny!
My extent of rock climbing skills, haha.
I made it.
This time calculating my jump down.
More of Danny and more of red rocks.
Danny and the Moaning Rock.  I named it that, because
look at the rock to the left of Danny.  It looks like
it is in so much distress.
I thought this was a cool shot.
Mini arch.
The rock of many colors.  It had waves of red and pink, it was quite lovely.
It seemed like an appropriate place for a foot shot.
Danny rocks.
Oh give me a home where the dinosaurs roamed... at least that is what it
looks like to me.
Me and more red rocks.
Couple pic, happy anniversary to us!

Anniversary Dinner
For our anniversary dinner, we went out to this cute little Thai place that was delicious!  Afterwards we had frozen yogurt and then we ended the evening watching a National Geographic special on the most beautiful places of North America.  When you have been married for 3 years, you are exciting like that.  
We thought the rice served in a heart
shape was rather appropriate.
Danny took a picture of his meal, but as
you can see, I just chowed down.  All
that hiking made me hungry.
We had a fun time on our last little trip.  It was nice to getaway and spend some time together.  I'm most grateful for each day I've had with Danny.  He's such a kind, fun and loving husband.  I'm one lucky girl.

Comments

  1. Of course baby gets her own section, she's the cutest! We look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice you could see your sister on the way there. Her baby is cute and how fun to go on a carousel.
    What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary: Hiking, Kayaking and eating good food; not to mention watching a National Geographic special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

2013 - The Year of Grace

I know we are well into 2014, but I'm still in the midst of recounting last year and making goals for this year. As I've looked back on and thought about 2013, I have to admit it has been a rocky year. However, during some of these hard times, I feel like Danny and I have drawn even closer in our marriage. I sure love that man of mine. I really think what makes a strong marriage is facing the tough stuff together. I have also grown closer to my Savior, though at times it didn't always feel like it, which I will discuss more below. I can honestly say, this year has whittled me down to a rather more fragile version of myself.  I think that is what being humbled is.  I have been humbled.  I’m still working on being humble. I think with this past year, I’m understanding more what grace is.  I think you have to experience a lowly place to even feel the need for grace.  I agree with the common phrase: “Do your best.” However, I don’t think we always understand what ou

This Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind experience.  I realize I could split this up into like 4 or 5 different posts, but I'm just going to do one big, long post.  So get a snack, get comfortable and prepare yourselves. Friday Night:  Danny's Concert with his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips Danny performed up at the Layton amphitheater and rocked the house!  I really mean that, he did such  a fantastic job.  He opened for his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips, who also put on an awesome show. I had great fun clapping along to the music with my nephews who came and being a bit of a proud wife in the audience.  We all went out for a late night dinner at Iggy's afterwards, which showed me that I'm not in college anymore, because I got heartburn afterwards.   (Growing old, sigh.) Members of the family that came to support! Me and my nephew Dr. C before the concert. The boys clapping along. He can play with his eyes closed, he's that good. Danny the guitar man