Skip to main content

Easter Craft

First off, good news, H&M is coming to Utah!  I fell in love with H&M during my time in England.  I always made sure to visit H&M (and go on a small shopping spree) during my trips to see my parents when they lived in New York.  As you can see, I'm really excited by this announcement!

For Easter I experimented making decoupage eggs using real eggshells, a craft that I found online here.  

First take of the top of the egg (I would crack the top and 
peel a little of the shell off) and empty the egg. Danny and I 
ate a lot of German pancakes, since I don't actually like eggs.  
Next, gently wash the eggshells out with dish soap and water.
Let the shells dry overnight.  Then you fill them with Easter candy.
(Just in case you didn't get enough from the Easter Bunny.)

Next cut up pieces of tissue paper and use mod podge to
past the strips to the eggshell.  I started by pasting a bigger
strip over the hole in the shell and once that had dried, I
decoupaged the rest of the egg.

The final product!!
I thought the decoupaged eggs turned out really cute.  I gave one to each of the ladies I visit teach with some more Easter candy.  However I did learn after spending all that time decoupaging eggs, I didn't really want to break them open to get the treats when I was done.  If I decide to do this again, I think I'll buy the little wooden eggs from a craft store and decoupage those and just use them as decorations.

Comments

  1. Or, can't you decoupage the egg shells and just not fill them? I got some wooden eggs in Poland, but they are already decorated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

This Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind experience.  I realize I could split this up into like 4 or 5 different posts, but I'm just going to do one big, long post.  So get a snack, get comfortable and prepare yourselves. Friday Night:  Danny's Concert with his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips Danny performed up at the Layton amphitheater and rocked the house!  I really mean that, he did such  a fantastic job.  He opened for his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips, who also put on an awesome show. I had great fun clapping along to the music with my nephews who came and being a bit of a proud wife in the audience.  We all went out for a late night dinner at Iggy's afterwards, which showed me that I'm not in college anymore, because I got heartburn afterwards.   (Growing old, sigh.) Members of the family that came to support! Me and my nephew Dr. C before the concert. The boys clapping along. He can play with his eyes closed, he's that good. Danny the guitar man

2013 - The Year of Grace

I know we are well into 2014, but I'm still in the midst of recounting last year and making goals for this year. As I've looked back on and thought about 2013, I have to admit it has been a rocky year. However, during some of these hard times, I feel like Danny and I have drawn even closer in our marriage. I sure love that man of mine. I really think what makes a strong marriage is facing the tough stuff together. I have also grown closer to my Savior, though at times it didn't always feel like it, which I will discuss more below. I can honestly say, this year has whittled me down to a rather more fragile version of myself.  I think that is what being humbled is.  I have been humbled.  I’m still working on being humble. I think with this past year, I’m understanding more what grace is.  I think you have to experience a lowly place to even feel the need for grace.  I agree with the common phrase: “Do your best.” However, I don’t think we always understand what ou