Skip to main content

Weird Things I Cried About This Week

 I've never considered myself a crier. Ok, that's not true. From ages 5 - 8, I left the dinner table almost every night in tears. There is a certain older brother who I can point a finger at who may have been the reason for those tears. However, this older brother is really nice now and has been forgiven for the past and the mean things he says now are really funny, so he shall remain nameless. (Unless he makes me cry again...)

However, I don't remember crying much as a preteen, teen, or in my 20's. Then I had children and now I am a crying mess. Tears all the time! Add pregnancy hormones and we might as well buy stock in Kleenex since I am their number one buyer. Since I enjoy embarrassing myself, here are some instances that I have cried this week. (We are only on Thursday, so there is still time to add more.)

  • A lovely quote at church. This isn't that weird. I'm a Sunday School teacher for my church congregation and I held it together through the whole lesson until that last quote. I looked up and some other people were teary-eyed too, which I really appreciated. Thank you, fellow criers.
  • We were out of strawberry ice cream. After putting the children who don't sleep to bed, I really wanted strawberry ice cream to reward myself, I mean, help with the pregnancy heartburn. I thought the husband had bought Neapolitan ice cream and I was going to skim off some from the strawberry side. But he had not. He had gotten a chocolate/vanilla mix and I sat in the light of the freezer, crying. I eventually ate the chocolate/vanilla mix in misery.
  • After having a pretend fight I had with someone in my head. And you thought the last one was bad. It was one of those after the fact, I didn't agree with something someone said and so I was playing out what I would say if I actually knew what to say in the moment. But my imagination got the best of me and it turned into a full-on fight. And I was crying by the end. Pregnancy is crazy-making!
  • The Olympics. Fun fact: There has been a Winter Olympics with each of my pregnancies. I cry when people win and fulfill lifelong dreams. I cry when people fall and their hopes for a medal are dashed. The Olympics are a very emotional time for me. I tell Danny, my husband, it is just because of pregnancy, but he tells me I would cry whether I was pregnant or not. He's probably right.
  • I dropped a canister of nuts on my toe. To my credit, it was one of the big canisters from Costco and fell from the top shelf of the pantry as I was reaching for the oatmeal right next to it. It caused blood! It hurt!
  • Double Charly horses in my legs. This morning, I was awoken at 6:45am from a dream where my mom was telling me about an app she had that gave you college credit for normal things you do throughout the day and she had a couple graduate degrees now from a university in Japan. I really wanted to know about that app! But alas, I was awoken by excruciating pain in both of my calves. It was like going into labor in my legs! I used to get Charly horse cramps in my legs growing up and on occasion in this pregnancy, but never both legs at the same time. I cried out, woke up my husband, and started crying as I tried to get those darn cramps to release. My legs are still sore and I have been feeling bad for myself all day. And yes, I've been taking magnesium, which is supposed to help with such things.
  • My sister's text. It was a nice text. She was wanting to get together to celebrate that little baby boy I'm growing. I started crying because it was nice to be thought of. Thanks Sister.
There you have it. If anyone could send some strawberry ice cream, I'd appreciate it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

2013 - The Year of Grace

I know we are well into 2014, but I'm still in the midst of recounting last year and making goals for this year. As I've looked back on and thought about 2013, I have to admit it has been a rocky year. However, during some of these hard times, I feel like Danny and I have drawn even closer in our marriage. I sure love that man of mine. I really think what makes a strong marriage is facing the tough stuff together. I have also grown closer to my Savior, though at times it didn't always feel like it, which I will discuss more below. I can honestly say, this year has whittled me down to a rather more fragile version of myself.  I think that is what being humbled is.  I have been humbled.  I’m still working on being humble. I think with this past year, I’m understanding more what grace is.  I think you have to experience a lowly place to even feel the need for grace.  I agree with the common phrase: “Do your best.” However, I don’t think we always understand what ou

This Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind experience.  I realize I could split this up into like 4 or 5 different posts, but I'm just going to do one big, long post.  So get a snack, get comfortable and prepare yourselves. Friday Night:  Danny's Concert with his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips Danny performed up at the Layton amphitheater and rocked the house!  I really mean that, he did such  a fantastic job.  He opened for his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips, who also put on an awesome show. I had great fun clapping along to the music with my nephews who came and being a bit of a proud wife in the audience.  We all went out for a late night dinner at Iggy's afterwards, which showed me that I'm not in college anymore, because I got heartburn afterwards.   (Growing old, sigh.) Members of the family that came to support! Me and my nephew Dr. C before the concert. The boys clapping along. He can play with his eyes closed, he's that good. Danny the guitar man