Skip to main content

Birthday Birthday!!

(My Sister-in-law Erin sent me this video of my nieces
singing me happy birthday.  Be prepared, your heart
will melt a little because of their cuteness.  Thanks 
Maestro L, Iz and Mi, this made my day!)

So this past week I entered the last year of my 20's.  Kind of weird, yes, but so far so good.  Even though I had a moment of sadness on the eve of my birthday with the idea of saying goodbye to the age of 28, I'm actually quite pleased with 29.  I'm happy where I'm at in my life right now.  Do I have more I want to achieve? Of course.  But I'm able to look back over the past decade and feel grateful for the opportunities and accomplishments that have come my way so far.  I really want to make this year of 29 count, so I can say left my 20's with a bang.

Now for my birthday celebration, because seriously it was awesome.  On my birthday eve, I was outside weeding when Danny came out and excitedly told me he wanted to give me an early birthday present.  He said that since it was made for the outside and I was outside that it just made sense he gave it to me at that moment.  This was my gift, my favorite gift to be exact!

A hammock!!!
Me laying on the hammock.
My feet on the hammock... you get the picture.
On my actual birthday, I decided to take the day off from work because that seemed a necessary way to ring in a new year of my life.  Here's how my day went...

8am - Got up and tried to make myself look cute.

9:15am - Met my sister Noelle, my brother-in-law Jared and my Dad at Kneaders downtown for a french toast breakfast.  So yummy!

Mouth watering...
Me, Noelle and Jared at breakfast.
My Dad and Me!
9:45pm - Noelle and I took a stroll around Temple Square and took artsy pictures of the blooming flowers.  It is gorgeous this time of year.

Noelle becoming one with nature.
Beauty
My favorite picture that I took.
Gorgeous
Sisters!  (Michele, we missed you.)
Tulips and Temples
Sacred Ground
Blooming Blossoms.
You can never have enough sister pictures.
10:15pm  We headed over to the City Creek Center for a little shopping.  We visited one of our favorite stores, H&M and found some cute shirts which we purchased.  (Thanks Tim and Katie for the gift card!!)  

The fountain at the City Creek Center.

The waterfall in City Creek.  Apparently I like the
water features there.
12:00pm - Noelle and I headed back to my house for some lunch.

1pm - I went in for a massage, which was so relaxing.  (No, I didn't take any pictures of that activity, how awkward.)

2pm - I had a very nice conversation with my mother-in-law.  Thanks for the gift and for calling me Mama Wood!!

2:30pm - Danny came home from class, so we went on a walk, because that is what I wanted to do.  And when it is your birthday, you get to do what you want to do!

Danny and Me

Some would say this looks like popcorn popping on an apricot tree.  Intersting.
3:30pm - I had a little hammock time.  I talked to my mom about everything and anything on the phone.  And then I relaxed and read a little of the book for my book club.

Yes, it is needed to take pictures of my toes every time I'm having
hammock time.
Book club book!
5:30pm - Danny and I dressed up all fancy like (well, I put on a skirt) and we went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, which meant going back to City Creek.  That city center is a bit of novelty right now.  We had a few minutes before dinner so we took a walk.  We then got buzzed in for dinner and it was delicious.  (Thanks Joel and Becky for the gift card!)

Our appetizers 
Danny enjoying his dinner.
Inside the restaurant, classy. 
7:30pm - Danny and I went back home and Talena came over.  We had a video chat with Melina and Dave who are on the East coast.  Technology was a pretty good invention, don't you think?

8:30pm(ish) - I was all sugared out from Easter, so instead of cake I requested frozen yogurt.  Danny, Talena and I went to Red Mango for our frigid treat and brought it back home so I could blow out a candle on my birthday.  We then opened presents!

Making a wish.
Talena and Me
A pretty book of the series of The Chronicles of Narnia.  Thanks Danny!
Danny also gave me the last two movies of the Harry Potter series.  Ummm,
apparently I like British stories.
9:30(ish) - I ended the evening playing some games with Talena and Danny as well as chatting on the phone with my sister Michele.

This birthday was so great!  Thank you to everyone for the thoughtful cards, calls, texts, emails, gifts and facebook messages.  I felt so loved!

Another birthday gift, flowers from my honey.

Comments

  1. I'm glad such a lovable girl had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you find some time in your last year of your 20s to enjoy your Beatles birthday video and remember the weird friends you had...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have your birthday at a GORGEOUS time of year. I love all the spring pictures. That is definitely one of their better videos! They are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to tell everyone what I gave you for your birthday... scary rollercoaster rides!!! :) Looks like a fun day. I love that pic of the tulips and the temple. Seriously looks professional!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

2013 - The Year of Grace

I know we are well into 2014, but I'm still in the midst of recounting last year and making goals for this year. As I've looked back on and thought about 2013, I have to admit it has been a rocky year. However, during some of these hard times, I feel like Danny and I have drawn even closer in our marriage. I sure love that man of mine. I really think what makes a strong marriage is facing the tough stuff together. I have also grown closer to my Savior, though at times it didn't always feel like it, which I will discuss more below. I can honestly say, this year has whittled me down to a rather more fragile version of myself.  I think that is what being humbled is.  I have been humbled.  I’m still working on being humble. I think with this past year, I’m understanding more what grace is.  I think you have to experience a lowly place to even feel the need for grace.  I agree with the common phrase: “Do your best.” However, I don’t think we always understand what ou

This Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind experience.  I realize I could split this up into like 4 or 5 different posts, but I'm just going to do one big, long post.  So get a snack, get comfortable and prepare yourselves. Friday Night:  Danny's Concert with his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips Danny performed up at the Layton amphitheater and rocked the house!  I really mean that, he did such  a fantastic job.  He opened for his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips, who also put on an awesome show. I had great fun clapping along to the music with my nephews who came and being a bit of a proud wife in the audience.  We all went out for a late night dinner at Iggy's afterwards, which showed me that I'm not in college anymore, because I got heartburn afterwards.   (Growing old, sigh.) Members of the family that came to support! Me and my nephew Dr. C before the concert. The boys clapping along. He can play with his eyes closed, he's that good. Danny the guitar man