Skip to main content

Movies and lots of them

For our Christmas break I told Danny I wanted low key, very low key.  Some how this turned into spending the majority of our time watching movies, both at home and in theater (ok, 3 in the theater).  We haven't gone to the movie theater for months and months.  Merry Christmas to us.

Movie #1:  "Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol"
Some how I've never seen any of the Mission Impossible movies.  Shocking, I know.  This is partially because I think Tom Cruise has crazy eyes and that distracts me.  Other than the crazy eyes, this movie is awesome.  So much action that I squeezed Danny's hand until it went a little numb.  We both loved it.  Plus, I was extremely grateful there weren't any awkward love scenes (which I think should be called lust scenes, because honestly how often does Hollywood actually portray love?) that would make me feel super weird for watching the movie in the same theater as my brother.

Movie #2: "The Muppets"
The Muppets was very muppety.  It definitely made me laugh and the cameos of different stars were hilarious.  Since I grew up watching The Muppets (they are a family favorite) I've seen most of their movies.  This one was good, but it wasn't the best of all.  There were a few sections that were a little slow for me, but it was still entertaining and fun.

Movie #3 "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows"
Oh my goodness this movie was cool!  Danny and I went and saw it on Boxing Day, being an English holiday and Sherlock Holmes is an English story, it just made sense.  I always worry that sequels will never be as cool as the originals and in most cases this is true.  However, I thought Sherlock Holmes 2 was just as witty, intense and entertaining as the first one.  Plus, it has some of the most amazing cinematography and special effects.  Loved it, probably my favorite of the three movies.

So there you go, my priceless opinions on the latest movies.  In other news...

  • This is very cool.  The title describes it all.  It makes me want to travel.  I just want to know all the places this guy went.




  • I liked this article written by the author of Eat, Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert, about lightening up a bit and not being too hard on ourselves.  It was a nice reminder before New Year's Resolutions.
  • So I came home today feeling a little under the weather.  That is when Danny announced that he would make dinner...and then he came back a half an hour later with Indian food. What a good husband.  I know, Indian food might sound a little crazy when one is feeling a tad ill but I think curry can heal.  It makes sense in my head.

Comments

  1. I told you Sherlock was awesome! I saw The Adventures of Tin Tin last night; it was pretty good but ended abruptly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I just saw Tin Tin and I think you two would like it. I recommend it for your next movie. And I would like to know all of the places that fellow went too. I recognized just a few.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

2013 - The Year of Grace

I know we are well into 2014, but I'm still in the midst of recounting last year and making goals for this year. As I've looked back on and thought about 2013, I have to admit it has been a rocky year. However, during some of these hard times, I feel like Danny and I have drawn even closer in our marriage. I sure love that man of mine. I really think what makes a strong marriage is facing the tough stuff together. I have also grown closer to my Savior, though at times it didn't always feel like it, which I will discuss more below. I can honestly say, this year has whittled me down to a rather more fragile version of myself.  I think that is what being humbled is.  I have been humbled.  I’m still working on being humble. I think with this past year, I’m understanding more what grace is.  I think you have to experience a lowly place to even feel the need for grace.  I agree with the common phrase: “Do your best.” However, I don’t think we always understand what ou

This Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind experience.  I realize I could split this up into like 4 or 5 different posts, but I'm just going to do one big, long post.  So get a snack, get comfortable and prepare yourselves. Friday Night:  Danny's Concert with his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips Danny performed up at the Layton amphitheater and rocked the house!  I really mean that, he did such  a fantastic job.  He opened for his friends, The Atomic Thunderlips, who also put on an awesome show. I had great fun clapping along to the music with my nephews who came and being a bit of a proud wife in the audience.  We all went out for a late night dinner at Iggy's afterwards, which showed me that I'm not in college anymore, because I got heartburn afterwards.   (Growing old, sigh.) Members of the family that came to support! Me and my nephew Dr. C before the concert. The boys clapping along. He can play with his eyes closed, he's that good. Danny the guitar man