I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone . In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...
Beautiful pictures. Enjoy these times alone together because when you have kids, those times become rare.
ReplyDeleteThese are great shots of the setting sun. What park is it?
ReplyDeleteI remember when there was a prison in the place where Sugarhouse Park is. I can't believe how much it's grown up in the past 50 years and how beautiful it's become. Maybe that's a commentary on how things and people can change over time. The irony is that they moved the prison out to the point of the mountain where it could be totally isolated. Now that area is full of homes, stores and businesses. The one thing that is constant is that everything changes. Enjoy your rambles together and sharing secrets. That's what builds a strong foundation for a good marriage.
ReplyDelete