Skip to main content

My Honey, The Guitar Star

*(This post might come across of me boasting a bit about the husband.  I don't mean to, I'm just really proud of Danny.)  

Hi Friends!  It has been awhile since I've posted.  That's because Danny and I enjoyed a week in Yellowstone and we just got back yesterday.  Many more pictures to come from that adventure, but first Danny has had a few gigs recently.  His friend JaNae Kotter, a local musician, invited Danny to play the guitar with her group at a few performances.  My favorite gig of his was up at the Homestead Resort in Midway.  It was such a pretty evening in the mountains.  Before Danny went on stage, we had a little picnic of fried chicken, watermelon, bread and cheese (a mix of Southern love and a French soiree).

Yum
Danny, JaNae and Auburn did a fabulous job!  Danny's solo blew everyone away, seriously.  Gotta love that loop station.


I also really liked this song they played called "Wyoming Skies".  It is by a group called Raining Jane.  I just looked up some of their stuff and it was pretty good.



We had a great turn out of friends and family who came to enjoy the concert.  It was such a  fun evening!
Jeff and Lauren!

Me and the Rock Star, Danny!

Casey and Tiffany!

My Parents!
























































PS  One more thing, Danny has a profile on a music sharing website called SoundCloud.  (You may have heard of it.)  Anyway, this week they featured Danny and his music on the front page of their blog.  Check it out here.  (He is the second one down.)

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the concert. That's nice your parents could come. I'm glad to see you're using your picnic blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny, you blew me away and I'm all the way in Florida! Loved your solo! Did you write it all? That Loop Station thing is really cool! GREAT JOB! So proud of you. Good video, Jannifer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. The Raining Jane gals have such beautiful voices. I enjoyed their song too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...