Skip to main content

Cake Decorating 101 - Class #4

This is my final installment about my class decorating class, because we had our final class tonight.  (Shed of single tear.)  Tonight we learned how to do a few more frosting flowers and worked on writing with frosting.  Then we decorated our final cake.  Here is the grand finale!

This is how my final cake turned out.

This is Talena's final cake, it's so pretty!

We owe all our cake knowledge to our fabulous teacher, Allison.

We even got certificates!  Yep, this is going up on the mantel .
(If we had a mantel, that is.)
After our final class Talena and I went back to my place to celebrate our advancement in the world of cake decorating by eating cake, of course!  Danny got to join in the fun and eat cake with us too.

Here I am cutting the cake.  

This moment was really tender for me.

We have leftovers for anyone who wants some.
I must say the cake decorating class was a hit.  While I'm still very novice, it was fun to learn a new skill.  Plus, I got to spend time with my good friend Talena.  I'm looking forward to practicing the different techniques I learned.  However, honestly I am kind of sick of cake, so it will be nice to have a little break.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about cake. Too much of a good thing gets tiring. That's why we started having birthday pies in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks awesome! I would love to learn how to do that. Well you can definitely practice with some heart shaped sugar cookies soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...