Skip to main content

St. George

So far I've only posted the craft making pictures from our visit to St. George last weekend.  We did a lot of other fun things as well, which I put in a nice bullet point list below.
  • We went to the New Year's celebration in downtown St. George to ring in the New Year.  Highs from the evening: the fireworks and Magician Max.  Lows from the evening:  freezing and the Rock band projector breaking right before Jared, Dan and Noelle got up on stage to show the crowd their skills.
  • Ate lots of junk food and played games.  The preferred game for the weekend was the card game, Bohnanza.
  • Indulged in the delicious frozen treat of Nielson's frozen custard.  
  • Ate breakfast at the Bear Paw Cafe.  I highly recommend the crepes; just know they are huge.  I some how missed this important tidbit and ordered two.  I could barely eat one. Luckily I have a husband and brother-in-laws that helped eat the other crepe.
  • We went hiking and enjoyed nature at Snow Canyon.
  • Shopping at the outlet stores, where I got some new jeans.
  • Church on Sunday and a delicious roast beef dinner!


The St. George New Year Celebration
My sisters and myself as paper airplane pilots
Our group waiting for the magic show to start.  We sought out all of the indoor
events to get away from the cold!
Nothing like fireworks to welcome a new year!

























































Snow Canyon
The Sand Dunes at Snow Canyon
Foot shot, it's what I do.
Our long jump competition at the sand dunes... I did not win.

My husband scaling the rocks (which made me extremely nervous to watch.)
A holiday tradition that my sisters and I started a few years ago...
The sister pyramid!
My husband in flight. 
My brother-in-laws in what looks like an epic face off.
Me, just me.

Comments

  1. Ha, ha! I love the foot shoot--and the feet shots adorning the sidebar of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had lots of fun. And I love your foot shots too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...