Skip to main content

Weekend Update - Reunions, Chalky Art and Sore Throats

Friday

Danny and I met up with my cousin Julia for frozen yogurt.  Sweet treats and hilarious conversation, good times.

We didn't get a picture of all of us together, but Danny took a pic of the
frozen yogurt place, so trendy.

Saturday

We had our annual family reunion with my mom's side of the family.  The little kids were supposed to dress up as superheros.  We had our family talent show which had the theme of the 60's.  There was a lot of Beatles music played.  The food was good, so were the games and as always, great to see family. Prepare yourself for lots of cute pictures of babies.

Noelle and her little Clark Kent.
Ry-guy as Captain America.
Dr. C and Danny trying out the storm trooper mask.
My sisters and their babies.
Little cousins saying hello.
Lil' Princess C with her great-grandma.
We all had to have our turns holding the babies.
An intense game of croquette.
Dr. C having his turn at smashing the pinata.
Danny and Tim performing.
My dad displaying his fine talent.
The epic performance of "I've Got You Babe" by my Aunt Sara, Uncle
Bill and Aunt Pat.  I loved the costumes.
In the evening, we met up with Danny's sisters and my friend Eliza, who was in town.  We all went to the Chalk Art Festival and afterwards went out for Thai food.  Then Eliza and I stayed up late chatting and catching up.  I've missed her so much!  I'm so happy we got to spend some time together while she was in town.

The line of art on the sidewalk.
Toy Story always puts a smile on my face.
We're off to see the wizard...
Me and Eliza Jayne putting on our best Vanna White skills.
Me, Danny, Mary and Sarah.

Sunday

Bam!  I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck.  Sore throat, aches, the whole works.  I tried to push through it and went to church, but I only lasted halfway through the meetings.  I came home and slept away the whole afternoon.  I was so sad to miss our family Father's Day dinner at my parents' house.  However, I did call and chat with my dad and wished him a Happy Father's Day.  He's pretty great.

Comments

  1. Your reunion looks so fun. Sorry you weren't feeling well after. Hope you are up to snuff now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...