Skip to main content

May on Instagram

May 1st: I went to lunch with my Dad and we got fortune cookies to top
off our meal.  This is what my fortune said and I was quite pleased, so
I had to share.  I must say, so far this is very true.
May 5th:  We had a small gathering to celebrate Danny's graduation.
I concocted this sign for the event. 
May 11th:  As a graduation present, I suggested to Danny that we should
 go out for sushi (Danny's favorite).  I was showing off my limited
chopstick skills in this pic.
May 13th - I asked Danny to get some strawberries from the grocery
store for dinner.  He asked if I wanted anything else, to which I replied,
"Surprise me."  This was what Danny came back with as his "surprise".
I think I should use a different expression next time and just say,
"Buy me flowers."
May 15th - Twenty years ago, my grandma took me and my brothers to
see "Jurassic Park" in the theater.  We returned the favor and took her
to "Jurassic Park" in 3D. Well, my brother Mark came up with this plan
and invited Danny and I to come along.  I jumped just about as much
watching it the second time as I did the first time.
May 19th - Danny and I like to go on Sunday walks.  This is a view from
one of our walks around Sugar House Park.
May 25th - My sister Noelle, being the nice person she is, invited us over
for dinner as her graduation gift to Danny.  She made jambalaya and
 apple pie and Danny was very pleased.   One of my favorite parts of the
evening was playing with my baby nephew!  I call this photo
"baby sitting".
May 25th:  He was in the middle of telling me stories.
May 27th:  For Memorial Day, we visited my grandparents' headstone.
I love and miss my grandma and grandpa.
May 27th:  Also on Memorial Day, I went to lunch with my mom and then
we went on a walk around Thanksgiving Point, one of our favorite places.
It has such pretty scenery.

Comments

  1. Love your fortune! Is that walk by the creek really in Sugarhouse Park? I can't believe it. It sure wasn't like that when I lived there!
    Love the flowers in the last pic, and like you I think I'd prefer flowers to Mtn Dew and Reeses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...