Skip to main content

Harry Potter Dreams and Mud

I think I'm finally getting over this flu/cold thing that has plagued me this past week. After missing a couple of days of work last week, I'm now just down to a sporadic cough.  Speaking of my missed work last week, I spent a lot of my time in bed, well sleeping, but also reading Harry Potter.  I decided to read the whole series this summer, because why not? I got the complete set of books from Danny for my birthday (a very suitable birthday gift for a 30-year-old) and it has been ages since I read them.  Anyway, I found that a fever + reading Harry Potter all day + cold medicine = psychedelic Harry Potter dreams.  Seriously, I spent a lot of time flying on broomsticks in my dreams last week, weird.

Also, because of my lack of feeling well, cooking dinner has been nonexistent for longer than I want to admit.  I have come to accept the fact that eating out a lot does come with the territory of both Danny and myself working; however, I get sick of it after awhile.  Anyway, I had finally gone shopping this weekend and was all prepped to make dinner last night.  Then ten minutes after being home the power went out.  Oh the irony!  Without electricity, we used our survival skills of going out to dinner, then topping off with gelato and enjoying the movie Mud.  I really liked the movie and I thought it was really well done.  Danny did have to tell me what the kids in the movie were saying sometimes.  They had thick southern accents and when they muttered I couldn't hear all the lines.  Having a southern husband sure comes in handy. After the movie, we walked hand in hand in the rain back to our car.  Turned out to be a lovely evening.

PS  If you are in SLC and decide to go see Mud, don't go to the Tower Theatre.  We went there and I was NOT impressed.  Overly priced, crappy seats, gross bathroom and horrible customer service.  All the hipster employees acted rather perturbed that we dare interrupt their lounging around to come see a movie.  Anyway, you've been warned.

Comments

  1. We used to love the Tower Theatre but I imagine things can change after 40 years! If you want some power outage recipes let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...