Skip to main content

Kids at Church

Yesterday at church was rather entertaining, especially since Danny and I got to substitute teach in primary.  We taught the 4-5 year olds, too cute.  Those kids just had me cracking up during each meeting.


  • During sacrament meeting the speaker was talking about the importance of reading our scriptures.  The little boy behind us who is probably 3 whispered loudly to his dad, "Dad, don't we already know about this?"  His dad responded, "Yes, we do." The little boy replied, "Then why is he talking about it if we already know?"  Danny and I were cracking up.
  • Then in sharing time, the primary leader was teaching the kids about what commandments are.  She asked, "Who knows the name of the prophet who received the 10 Commandments from the Lord?"  Little boy in our class excitedly raises his hand and answers, "Moses Smith!"  
  • This was a sweet moment.  A little girl in our class while raising her hand accidentally hit the boy next to her.  He (in a tattle tail voice) told me that she hit him.  The little girl's response was, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."  She then reached over and gave him a hug.  He hugged her back and said, "It's ok, I forgive you."  We can learn much from little kiddos.
  • During class time, we taught them about having faith in Jesus Christ.  We shared the story from The Bible when Jesus healed the blind man.  The little boy giving the closing prayer was so tender.  After praying for each member of his family, he said, "Please bless all the people that can't see and hear that they will be able to."  So sweet.
Anyway, fun times in primary.  In other news, I have been doing so well avoiding the flu and cold bugs that have been going around this winter.  After spending all last week with many children at different photo shoots for work, I now have my first cold for the winter.  I guess that is the downside of being around kids.

Comments

  1. Primary is so entertaining! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I really miss teaching in primary. It was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Moses Smith! I love it. I miss being in Primary! Kids are so honest, innocent, and sweet. Too bad they can't stay immune from germs that make them sick and the world's influences that take away that innocence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...