Skip to main content

January on Instagram

Apparently there wasn't much to take pictures of during the month of January, just a whole lot of snow.  My amount of Instagram pics is much less this time around.  Interesting to see what February will have in store.

Jan. 3(ish):  Our icicle farm, they just kept on growing.
Jan. 10:  We had this insane snow storm  that hit right during the evening 
commute.  My 15 minute drive turned into 1.5 hours.  Since I was spending 
most of my time stopped, I passed the time by documenting this crazy 
weather. This past month the weather has been a little freaky.
Mountains of snow, freezing rain and fog, oh my.
Jan. 12:  Since our city had turned into a frozen tundra, Danny and I 
planned an indoors date to pass the time one Saturday.We did have 
a fun time, because Color Me Mine is one of my all time favorite places. 
However, we were unfortunate enough to have to sit at the only free table, 
which was by the door.  The temperature was in the single digits outside.  
So every time someone opened the door, so much rage and cursing
 occurred in my head.

Jan. 12:  Danny creating a work of art in frog form at Color Me Mine.

Jan. 18:  I heard about this new cafe/bakery from multiple coworkers and
friends that just opened up down the street from my office downtown.
I tried it out for lunch one day with a friend and I was thoroughly pleased.

Jan. 18:  At Eva's Bakery, there is this wall of bread which I found
incredibly charming.  It helped me imagine that I was in Paris for a
split second.  What a wonderful split second that was.

Jan. 19:  One can handle single digit temperatures and a smoggy inversion
only for so long.  Danny and I left it all behind and visited my sister and
bro-in-law in St. George over the long MLK weekend.  There was sun, grass 

and clear skies, which meant one thing to me:  Bocce Ball Tournament.

Jan. 20:  Tim Tam Slam time.
(Don't worry, I didn't break my sugar goal, because I was on vacation.)

Jan. 24:  Danny and I made a visit to the Jordan River Temple one
icy evening to celebrate Talena's Temple anniversary with her.

It was heavenly.

Comments

  1. Cool pictures, especially of the monster ice daggers! Yikes! Glad you got a nice weekend get-away! Sorry about the smog. Hope it lifts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: How does the bread in that bakery not dry out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Question. I assume they put out new bread each morning. I just saw it as a photo op.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...