Skip to main content

Happy 12/12/12

Ok, I realize 12/12/12 is more than halfway over, but there is still time to celebrate!  I wanted to do something really spectacular at 12:12pm, but that is hard to do at work.  So my work friend Sarah and I grabbed some Thai food for lunch while we were out running errands.  It was scrumptious.  To commemorate this beautiful, once in a lifetime day Brittany (my wonderfully creative friend) and I have come up with a few ideas.


  • Buy a dozen doughnuts and share with a dozen people.  Krispy Kreme even has a coupon just for today for buy a dozen get a free dozen of doughnuts, yum!
  • You could also follow the above suggestion, but replace the doughnuts with cookies or eggs or anything else that comes in a dozen.  Roses, perhaps?
  • Do 12 random acts of kindness.
  • Eat 12 pieces of candy in 12 seconds.  (Don't choke!)
  • Climb 12 flights of stairs.
  • Call 12 friends or family members and talk to each of them for 12 minutes.
  • Sleep for 12 hours tonight.  (I could really use that one, because I'm struggling with a bout of insomnia this week.)
  • Do the 12 days of Christmas for someone; however, starting today is starting a bit early.
  • Write 12 haikus about the number 12 and what it means to you.
  • Go test drive 12 sports cars you could never afford and make them go faster than 12 mph, which shouldn't be too difficult. 
  • Leap over 12 things.  (Think 12 Lords of leaping... or is it "a leaping".)
That's what we have thought of so far.  Go and enjoy today!

Comments

  1. I wish I had read this post on 12/12/12! Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even write in my journal on 12/12/12. It would have been a great day to can stuff or make jam, something I inadvertently did on 7/7/7 and 8/8/8.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...