Skip to main content

Cali Fun, Part 5 - Stinson Beach and The Golden Gate Bridge

This is my last post from my trip to California.  For our last day in California, we took a trip to Stinson Beach, which was gorgeous. We got there early in the morning and had planned on going on an hike, but the   beach, sun and surf were too tempting.  So we decided to chill on the beach which was relatively empty and soaked a little bit more of the California sun in.
Julia and her trusty ukulele. 
I love my cousins!  Heidi, Julia and Me.
There was more than one shark warning at this beach, so these feet stayed on the sand.
Since there had been shark attacks there in the past, there were a few warning signs along the beach. We also noticed bear safe trash cans in the parking lot.  This spurred a conversation: if a grizzly bear came into the surf and got in a fight with a shark, who would win??  It was quite the debate and I can't remember what the conclusion was.

Our next stop before the airport was the iconic Gold Gate Bridge.  We took a short walk in a park next to the bridge to get some awesome pictures.  

It was a beautiful day.
Presenting the Golden Gate bridge!
It looks more red than golden to me.
The Ocean
It's been fun San Francisco!

This post was featured on dwellable.com!

Comments

  1. I agree about the color of the bridge; but Golden Gate sounds so much more poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jannifer,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Stinson Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    Love all your "travel toes" pics, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...