Skip to main content

Cali Fun, part 4 - San Fran at Night

We went on a whirlwind tour of San Francisco with our friend Katlyn, who is a local.  She showed us all the sights to be seen.  We started out looking for a parking spot so we could have dinner.  But some how we found ourselves up at Coit Tower at the top of one of the many hills in San Fran.  So we decided to tour it while we were there.
The Coit Tower was built in 1933 by Lillian Coit who was
a really rich lady that loved to chase fires with the firemen ,
so she built a tower in honor of them.  True Story.
Inside the building there are many frescoes depicting life in San Francisco
in the 1930's.  I liked the orange farming painting.
Julia enjoying the art.
After our visit to Coit Tower we were able to find parking near this cute little Thai place that we went to for dinner.  It was delicious.  In all the curry excitement, no pictures were taken.  However, I did take a picture of the bomb squad, who had closed off the street across from the restaurant.
The rest of the population in the area and ourselves were probably not the smartest
to be walking towards the bomb squad to get a better picture instead of
perhaps running away, oh well.
We then took a jaunt down to some of the tourists sights.  Our first stop was at Pier 39. We then walked   over to Fisherman's Wharf, which was a cool area.  No, we didn't buy any fish there.

Heidi, Me and Julia posing outside of Pier 39.
Some of the shops inside of Pier 39.
Alcatraz in the distance.

San Francisco sourdough bread in the shape of sea creatures!  This made
me so happy.
Fisherman's Wharf
We then went to visit the chocolate Mecca, Ghirardelli's Square.  They don't make chocolate there anymore, but they sure sell a lot of it.  We decided to indulge and get ice cream sundaes at the cafe section of the shop.  Oh my heavens we had a major sugar overload.  My body could only handle so much sweet richness.

A light on the hill.
So many options
I chose the sundae with a cookies at the bottom.
Mouth watering.
Katlyn and Heidi all ready to dig in.
At the time, it seemed like a good idea.
30 minutes later...You win ice cream, you win.

This is what a sugar overload looks like.
And I think we're done here.

Comments

  1. I was going to say that those looked like awfully BIG sundaes. Too bad you couldn't put them in a doggie bag for later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...