Skip to main content

California Pictures

I've been MIA recently because Danny and I went on a little Spring Break excursion to the land of California.  We went with my sister Michele and her husband Dan and had a blast.  Since pictures are worth a thousand words and there are a lot of pictures, that makes this one wordy post, meaning I don't need to say much more.  Enjoy!

Whale Watching and Other Sea Creatures

A little stingray going about his stingray business.

Our boat for the mighty voyage.

Michele gazing off into the distance.

Dan and Michele rocking the boat.  Ok, not really.

Me and the husband on a three hour tour...

A dolphin and the dolphin whisperer.

The dolphins swam right next to our boat! This was my favorite part of the
whole whale watching tour we went on.

Sisters!

It is kind of hard to see, but that is a gray whale in the ocean.  Whales
are a little camera shy.

Sea lions living the life of sea lion luxury.

My picturesque picture.


On the Pier and Boardwalk

Nothing like clam chowder for lunch while overlooking the harbor.

The pier and the ocean!!

I'm a desert girl so the ocean is an exciting sight for me.

Palm Trees!!  Another exciting sight for me.

And another picture of the surf, because I just couldn't
get enough.

Hanging out on the boardwalk.

We rented a surrey, such a funny contraption.

Just pedalin' in our surrey because we're cool like that.


Knott's Berry Farm

Danny and Michele didn't want to go on this ride, which takes you up to
lofty heights and then drops you.  For some reason I thought it would be
a good idea, so me and Dan went on it...I ended up screaming my guts out.

Action shot, I believe we were looking at a death defying roller coaster.
We definitely got our fill of roller coasters that day. 

Danny and me taking a little break.

Michele, ready to for the bumper car free-for-all.

Dan coming after us.

Bumper cars have never been my thing, so I hopped in with Danny and
he drove while I took pictures.

Michele chasing down her husband.

Meeting Snoopy, a dream fulfilled.

Michele and Dan on the Ferris wheel.

I thought the Snoopy boat was cute, so we got a
picture by it.

Rain Forest Cafe
Dan and Michele among the fake jungle foliage.

Danny and Me.  It took us awhile to get our food, so
taking pictures is my favorite way to pass the time.

Danny was happy because he finally got his steak and shrimp.


Newport Beach

Oceanic foot shot

Me and the sea.

Me and my honey.

Playing frisbee, so much fun.








































































The End

Comments

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who gets overly giddy about the ocean and palm trees. Must be a Utah girl thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting that you saw all those dolphins and whales too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pictures. I especially like your foot shot. It looks like you had a great time. I used to love going to California and seeing the ocean with my family. There's something about the pull of the tide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your trip pictures!!! Joseph served part of his mission in Newport Beach. Great beach shots. We just went to the beach here and it is cool how we both have similar shots with a long pier in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...