Skip to main content

Tulip Festival

This past weekend my mom and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  I believe they have around 55 acres of gardens.  There was plenty of gardens to explore and enjoy.  We had so much fun walking, chatting and taking pictures.  Being outside among all the many varieties of flowers felt so refreshing, even if it was a little chilly.  Plus, my mom is such wonderful company!

There were so many cool species of flower, some I've
never seen before like this one.

I loved the coloring of the flowers in this area.

Beautiful Blossoms


My mom and me!!!




This fountain reminded us of England, and that made
me and my mom very happy, since we both have lived
there at some point in our lives.

Ha, I know, I look a lot like my mom, which is a compliment to me.

This was in the secret garden section, which I loved!!

It was Dutch Days as well.  My mom and I looked at all the delicious Dutch
food...and then we bought Navajo tacos for lunch
.

My mom is so cute, she requested that we take a foot shot, since that
is my "thing".  So here it is!

The man-made waterfalls.  Walking around these got me craving to go 
hiking to real waterfalls!




Waterfall!

My cute mom on the bridge.



I thought these daffodils were so cool!

Since it was the Tulip Festival, I needed to
include pictures of tulips.







Comments

  1. and so are you :) haha... sorry. wish i was there w/ you! except not the chilly weather part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a wonderful day! The pictures are as beautiful as the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! Looks like you and your Mom had a beautiful time! Thanks for sharing! I love that fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an awesome garden. The flowers are beautiful, and so are the waterfalls, even if they are manmade. I'm glad that you could go there with your mom. And I love the foot shot; so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...