Skip to main content

A Royal Wedding

With all the hoopla in the weeks before William and Kate's wedding, I surprised myself by staying quite calm.  Everyone knows I'm enamored with England and all that is English, but with a busy week at work and life I didn't have much time for the pre-wedding updates.  That is until the royal wedding yesterday.  I was distracted at work all day!  I couldn't get enough of the wedding pictures and news report.  I couldn't help but smile when seeing how happy William and Kate were.  I also looked at some of my own wedding pictures, reminiscing about my own wedding day.  Plus, I love, love, loved Kate's wedding dress!  So classy and elegant.  I send my congratulations from across the pond to the new happy couple!  (Because I'm pretty sure they are going to read this, haha.)  


In other news, while Danny and I aren't big TV watchers, we do use Netflix to watch past shows on occasion.  Over the past couple months we have been watching "Pushing Daisies".  We ended it last night and I'm so sad!  Since it was canceled after the 2nd season I have so many unanswered questions.  I really want to contact the writers of the show to pick their brains about their plans if the show had continued.  I really need some closure!  We watched the pilot of "Macgyver" as a distraction, which was pretty amazing and cracked me up at the same time.  However, it just wasn't the same, sigh.

Comments

  1. I loved watching the Royal Wedding at a party with my friends and our daughters. (See blog for all the fun pictures!) I agree - her dress was stunning and classy and she is so beautiful. I hope they can make their marriage last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They might have had a nice wedding, but yours was definitely better. I never heard the words "til death do us part" at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who went to KC at 3 in the morning to see some exhibit and then watch the wedding with a bunch of people who were dressed up in hats and everything! Crazy. I loved all the pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...