Skip to main content

10 Months!

Happy 10 months!


Milestones
  • He now plays peek-a-boo where he will hold a blanket up to his face and pull it down, waiting for our reactions.
  • He is finally sleeping through the night. Not all the time, more like a handful of times, but I'll take it.
  • He can stand when holding onto something without having one of us hold him up.
  • He calls me "Mama," but not consistently. He usually says it when he is sad and I come get him from his crib or if he wants me to hurry up and give him his food. Every once in awhile I will get a happy "Mama" as well. He also will sometimes say "num num num" when it is time to eat or if he is hungry.

Likes
  • Avocados (sometimes), Mangoes, Berries, Apricots (sometimes), Apples, Bananas (if other fruit is mixed with it), Cherries (mixed with apple sauce), Sweet Potatoes and Cereal.
  • Cars. He kicks like crazy with excitement when one drives by.
  • Favorite toys: Anything with tags and his octopus that plays music. It used to terrify him, but now he thinks it is pretty cool.
  • Watching Daddy play the guitar.
  • Cell phones and TV remotes and trying to eat them.
  • People watching.

Dislikes
  • Black Beans, Peas, most Veggie Mixes and all baby food that is supposed to be a full meal and incorporates any type of meat.
  • Baby puff cereal. This gets its own bullet point, because it was that traumatic. We gave them to Baby H. to help him start learning to chew, but he hated it!
  • The nose sucker
  • People in his personal space. This kiddo has major stranger danger. He has gotten to the point where he won't go to anyone except his mommy and daddy. He will smile at people from a distance, but if they try to hold him, tears are quick to come. 

Tidbits
  • We went to the Payson Temple Open house as a family and Hyrum did really well.
  • Still not crawling, but he has become more interested in becoming mobile. He rolls around trying to get to toys. He also likes to push books off the couch onto the floor and then tries to dive after them. Luckily his mommy and daddy always catch him.
  • He will now take a bottle. He used to when he was a newborn, but stopped around 6 weeks. This past month he is happy to drink from one again and gets excited when he sees one.
  • I've tried to give him the baby food with chunks in it to help him start learning how to eat solid food. He hates it. If I do get him to take a spoonful, he will suck the puree part down and spit the chunks out.
  • Lately, he tries to scratch off my freckles. I don't love this.

Comments

  1. I can't believe I'm still so behind in my comments! Don't let him scratch off those freckles or dive off the sofa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...