Skip to main content

The Latest

* You guys, Danny and I are now home owners! Crazy, right! I still don't think it has sunk in yet, particularly because we haven't moved in yet. However, the past couple of weeks have been filled with painting, cleaning and packing, oh so much packing as well as other home owner stuff I'm learning about. (Special thanks to my parents and older brothers who helped with taping/painting, since I can't be around paint fumes and shout out to my mom who scrubbed the inside of that new house of ours in lightening time while I dusted. She is one hard worker. And of course thanks to Danny who has been working hard and been taking care of so much stuff!) 

*The baby is doing pretty good, for those who are wondering. He moves a lot, which is fun. Every doc appointment I go to, she tells me everything is measuring perfectly and baby's heart beat and such are right on, which I'm most grateful for. We have a little less than 2 months now until baby time, which is incredibly exciting. I'm also down to one pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops that still fit. My swollen feet just won't squeeze into anything else. Now all my outfits have to some how go with pink boat shoes, but at least they are cute pink boat shoes.

*I really liked this article. It has psychological studies, which you know I love. The article takes a look at happiness in marriage. After the findings in the studies, the psychologists could predict with 94% accuracy if a couple would be happily married or divorced/chronically unhappily married within 6 years. A lot of it comes down to kindness, which I know sounds obvious. But they found how you are kind is what makes all the difference. Anyway, really interesting stuff. I'm grateful I married someone who is naturally kind and thoughtful.

Comments

  1. yay for a new house! and a new baby! and a kind husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new house; can't wait to see it, but what I really am excited to see is that new baby when the appropriate time comes.
    That article reminded me of the Primary Song "A Special Gift is Kindness". Yes it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue the circles to the foam tree in

Birthday Week!

This week is my birthday week, or should I say birth week.  However that sounds too much like birthing is occurring and that is not the case.  (Don't get any ideas, Danny and I have only been married for 5.5 months.)  Anyway, I firmly believe in celebrating birthdays for the whole week, because why not? Talena and I have a tradition each year that is the kick off for my birthday celebration.  You see, Talena and I were born 12 days apart.  On the midpoint day between our birthdays we go out to dinner to celebrate.  We always try to go some where we have never been before.  This year we went to the Citrus Grill, which was very delicious.  (Special thanks to Eliza for recommending the place.)  We had fun dining, laughing and sharing secrets, because that is what girls do. My dinner...doesn't it just make your mouth water. Talena Balena and Me. PS  We did have a funny little mishap with the dessert.  We got strawberries and whipped cream.  It look delightful when they b

One of Those Nights

You know the time when you turn the corner too sharp and gouge one of your toes on the retro 70's border that lines your home and apparently you have really good blood circulation in your feet, because your toe starts bleeding profusely.  In an effort to stop the bleeding, you limp to the kitchen to grab a paper towel to clean up your poor toe only to track blood all over the carpet.  (But then, luckily the husband comes and helps clean up the blood trail, your sad, little toe and gets you a band-aid.)  So once you have recovered from your messy injury, your really nice husband makes you a smoothie to make you feel better, only for you to drip it down the front of you on one of your favorite shirts.  Yeah, it's been one of those nights.  Sigh. In other news, last week I went to the musical "Little Women" with Talena.  I wrote a review for the Utah Theater Bloggers Association, which you can read here .  It's been awhile since I've done any reviewing for th