Skip to main content

Happy Happy Day

First off, you guys, it is the first day of Spring! I have to say, I'm enjoying the warming temperatures and longer days of sunlight, even if it means I'm sneezing a bit more. Spring brings great things like the blooming of nature, my birthday, Easter and so forth. I'm looking forward to it all.

Second, did you know today is also the International Day of Happiness!?  I only know this because Facebook told me.  So here are some articles on the science of happiness, which I found interesting as well as my own happy thoughts.

Before we begin down our road of investigating happiness, this is your soundtrack for the rest of the post.  I've got to say, it is a catchy tune.



Here is an interesting article my boss sent out to my division today.  It is by a therapist who dissects the different aspects of happiness.  It's a good reminder that being happy does not come for external sources, but is internal, though we are often taught to believe otherwise.

Here's a happy infogram.  It shares a lot about music and dance and how that can encourage happiness, as well as some other tidbits.

Now that we have learned about happiness, I can't really say anything makes me happy, because happiness is a choice.  However, here are some things that sure bring a smile to my face.

The husband sure brings me happiness as well as hiking with the husband.
The Family
More Family (I couldn't find a picture that had all of Danny's fam,
but this is a good representation.)
Good Friends and Southern Utah.
More good friends and Southern Utah.
Celebrating holidays and the nephews!
England, particularly Northern England.
This picture of Shetland ponies.
This place and the gospel in general.
Babies!  I sure love these babies and look forward to meeting my own
little baby, who I'm pretty sure these two already know from before
they came to this earth.  Also, a shout out to my sisters, because 

we always have a great time when we are together.
Traveling.
Flowers.
How much I look like my mom.
Good reads.
Sunsets.
My home.
Seasons.
Good tunes.
Good eats.
Mountains, really all of nature, but especially mountains.
Art in all its fineness.

Validation.
Taking pictures of my feet. :)

Comments

  1. Great post Jannifer! Even if I missed the International Day of Happiness, your post has inspired me to be happy today even though I didn't get much sleep last night; at least I had a bed to sleep in! Besides that, the azaleas are in bloom and the peas and potatoes are up in the garden and yes, for me too, life is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...