Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Break

This year, we headed down to Southern Utah for Thanksgiving.  It was a small gathering with my parents, my sister and her family and me and Danny.  It was a really nice and chill weekend.  I loved staying up late with the family, playing games, crafting and watching movies as well as munching on good eats.  We were sad to come back, especially now that the temperatures have dropped to below freezing as the high.

Thanksgiving Dinner


My sister made these adorable place settings.
Earning our keep by peeling potatoes.
I saw this turkey veggie platter a couple of years ago
on pinterest.  It seems to be a hit with the fam, so I keep
making it for each Thanksgiving.
Michele and my Dad.
Danny and Me.  (We took pictures as we waited
for dinner to finish cooking.)
Michele and Dan!
Love this baby girl.
After dinner, we played an exciting game of Thanksgiving Bingo! It was
originally planned for my nephews, who ended up not coming, because
Mark's family was sick.  We missed you guys!  The adults had fun
playing it though.  I even won a chocolate pumpkin. Mmmm.
Pies, glorious pies!

Christmas Lights at the St. George Temple

The day after Thanksgiving, we went to the lighting ceremony of the St. George Temple. Ok, we actually missed the program section of the evening where the lights are actually turned on. However we had fun walking around and looking at the light. It was very pretty and much warmer compared to an evening of looking at lights on Temple Square in SLC.

The St. George Temple.
Danny and me in a patriotic semi-wintery wonderland.
The nativity.
By the temple.  I love the palm trees there.
Dan, Michele and Princess C.
Sisters!
I thought this was a cute picture of Princess C checking
out the lights, with the help of her dad.

Comments

  1. yay! thanks for the visit! you should send me some of those light pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time in St. George. I love your couple picture in Red and Green. Your face just glows!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...