Skip to main content

Blockbusters and Crepes

Since it is the blockbuster season, Danny and I have gone to see a few.  (Two to be exact.  Actually we did see the latest "Transformers" a few weeks ago, but it was really stupid, so I didn't want to mention it.  Shoot, I just did.)  We just saw the last Harry Potter movie today.  We have spent the past two weeks watching Harry Potter movies from start to finish to prep ourselves for the grand finale.  I know many of you have already seen the last one, but I still got to say WOW.  It was intense, but a perfect ending.  I even teared up in a few parts.  I can't help that I've grown attached to these characters 7 books and 8 movies later.  I'm a little sad it is all over.  I now want to read the books start to finish.



The other movie we went and saw was "Midnight in Paris".  We had a little date night to celebrate 9 months + 1 day of marriage.  We decided to follow a French theme, since I've had this infatuation with France lately.  (No really, I even had a dream the other night I was learning French and I was so delighted about it.)  We started the evening getting crepes, which were so scrumptious.










We then went and saw "Midnight in Paris" on the recommendation from the blog of my friend Camille.  (Thanks Camille.)  "Midnight in Paris"  is about a man (Owen Wilson) who is transported back to Paris in the 1920's every night.  It is very clever and cute.  Plus, I think it had a good moral about how it is important to not long for something you can't have, but live in the present.  Both Danny and I really liked it.  I also really liked the large bag of popcorn I consumed during the movie.  It was such a perfect evening.

Comments

  1. I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I'm glad you all liked it. Do you think we'd like the Paris movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janni! Our dreams are semi coordinated :) I have also been dreaming french things lately! :) The other night I had a dream that me, Joel & my siblings walked along a rooftop ledge of a French cathedral!! :) It was AWESOME! :) I think our dreams are telling us something! We need to go to France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...