Skip to main content

Crafts are What Bring Sisters Together

I came across this cute idea from my friend's blog on how to make a yarn wreath.  I showed my sisters and we all decided to make one.  It was fun to see how each of our wreaths turned out and our own little twist  we each added to the craft.  Here are the instructions if you want to make one!

This is my wreath

This is Michele's wreath

This is Noelle's wreath
I thought they all turned out really cute.  I learned a few things while making the wreath.  Wrapping the foam ring with yarn took forever. I went around the ring twice and it looked a lot better the second time around.  The felt flowers were pretty easy to make.  I just used the hot glue gun to keep them together.  For the center of my flowers, I used beads from an old broken bracelet of mine.

Comments

  1. they are all so cute! i'm glad you shared the idea with us. tell noelle you blogged about this b/c she has asked me a few times if you blogged about it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! Great job, sisters! I like the felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...these are so cute! I may have to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flowers. We are going to make flower pins with the ladies at the rest home this week. I couldn't picture the beads in the center until I saw your blog. Now I know what my friend was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so darling!! Way to go girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...