Skip to main content

Music Study Monday

For those who have read my blog in the past, you may know that I have a weird fascination with random studies. I came across this music study a little while ago which says that your personality and the music you listen to are related. Interesting. Here is the chart the psychologist put together with correlating personality traits with different genres of music. (Except blogger wouldn't let me copy the chart over, so it is more of a list.)


Blues: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease
Jazz: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, at ease
Classical: High self-esteem, creative, introverted, at ease
Rap: High self-esteem, outgoing
Opera: High self-esteem, creative, gentle
Country: Hard-working, outgoing
Reggae: High self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, outgoing, gentle, at ease
Dance: Creative, outgoing, not gentle
Indie: Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not gentle
Bollywood: Creative, outgoing
Rock/Heavy Metal: Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, introverted, gentle, at ease
Pop: High self-esteem, not creative, hard-working, outgoing, gentle, not at ease
Soul: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease


My question is, what if you like different types of music? Hypothetically, let’s say we have a friend named Lula who likes to listen to Classical music when she studies, her workout mix is mainly Rock and Pop and she listens to Indie when she enjoys hobbies like taking a walk or painting. In the past I would think that would mean Lula was well rounded in the realm of music. However, according to this study, it would suggest that poor Lula is on the verge of being bipolar. Thoughts anyone?

Comments

  1. According to this study it looks like most people that listen to music are creative, outgoing and have high self-esteem. David and I like lots of the same kinds of music but we don't really have the same personality. My guess is that Lula is only bi polar if she's totally hung up on "Frosty the Snowman", the soundtrack to "Happy Feet" and any song about the North Pole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...